Soccer Scene

Change:  Move to:
07.05.2015 at 11:00 Arena Sozopol, Sozopol Attendance: 1500
Netherlands 0 - 0 Rep of Ireland
Referee: Dumitru Muntean (Moldova) European Finals-match

None Darragh Leahy (62)
Opening squads
Bijlow (GK)
Giovanni Troupée
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Rick van Drongelen
Rashaan Fernandes
Carel Eiting
Nigel Robertha
Javairo Dilrosun
Dani de Wit
Matthijs de Ligt
Mink Peeters
Caoimhin Kelleher
Conor Masterson
JJ Lunney
Trevor Clarke
Darragh Leahy
Zachary Elbouzedi
Shane Hanney
Conor Ronan
Marcus McGuane
Conor Levingston
Josh Barrett
Nijhuis (GK)
Mats Knoester
Reda Boultam
Teun Bijleveld
Sherel Floranus
Jay-Roy Grot
Donyell Malen
David Craddock
Luke Wade-Slater
Robbie Mc Court
Jamie Gray
Anthony Scully
Jamie Ahearne
Malen for Peeters 60 mins,
Bijleveld for Robertha 60 mins,
Grot for Fernandes 70 mins,
Anthony Scully -> Conor Levingston (56)
Jamie Ahearne -> Josh Barrett (70)
Yellow cards
None Darragh Leahy (62)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
0 Shots 0
0 Shots on goal 0
0 Offsides 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Free kicks 0
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Republic of Ireland 0-0 Netherlands

Tom Mohan's side weathered a sustained spell of Dutch again before ending the game extremely well and were within millimetres of snatching a late winner through Jamie Aherne.

The game's first real opportunity came in the 13th minute when Carel Elting cut through the Irish defence but his deflected shot saw Caoimhin Kelleher make a stunning reflex save.

In the 33th minute an incredible block by Darragh Leahy denied Javairo Dilrosun a certain goal after Ireland fail to clear initially following a quick counter-attack.

The Dutch had a big opportunity in the 52th minute when Robertha burst through on goal but a brilliant tackle by Conor Levingston blocked his effort and Kelleher gathered the loose ball.

Kelleher showed his class in the 58th minute when he touched a powerful strike from Elting onto an upright and the Irish defence hacked to safety.

In the 73rd minute Zach Elbouzedi set up Trevor Clarke but keeper Justin Bijlow was well positioned to save his shot. Less than a minute later Clarke fired inches wide across goal after cutting in from the right wing.

With three minutes left in normal time Ireland thought they had scored through Jamie Aherne. The striker got his head to a Connor Ronan cross and Bijlow touched it onto the crossbar. The ball bounced down but no goal was awarded.

In the 78th minute Ronan fired in a free-kick from just outside the box that shaved the outside of upright with the keeper beaten.

Five minutes into injury-time Ireland could have snatched the three points when Ronan slipped in Clarke but keeper Bijlow was out to save at his feet as the Irish attacker knocked the ball forward.

Ireland's next game is against Italy on Sunday. The Italians lost 1-0 to England this evening.

"I'm pleased with a point from our opening game but it could just as easily have been three points as we finished the game very strongly," said Mohan.

Ireland start UEFA U17 finals with Dutch draw
from Football Association of Ireland on Vimeo.

Powered by tplSoccerStats © 2003 TPL Design