Soccer Scene

Change:  Move to:
24.03.2012 at 17:00 Sportpark Zuideinderpark, Schijndel (NED) Attendance:
Netherlands 2 - 1 Rep of Ireland
Referee: Dennis Antamo (FIN) EC Elite Round / PROG / T/S-match

Tonny Trindade de Vilhena 43 mins,
Tonny Trindade de Vilhena 55 mins
Dylan Hayes (pen.) (30)
Opening squads
Nick Olij (GK)
Djavan Anderson
Riechedly Bazoer
Nathan Ake (C)
Jorrit Hendrix
Thom Haye
Elton Acolatse
Tonny Trindade de Vilhena
Rai Vloet
Wouter Marinus
Joris Voest
Eric Grimes
Ryan O Reilly
Thomas Mulroney
Kyle Mc Fadden
Dylan Hayes
Sean Long
Bradley Lewis
Johnathan Leddy
Conor Wilkinson
Jack Grealish
Sam Byrne
Mike Havekotte (GK)
Jeroen Lumu
Newien Ramlal
Sandy Walsh
Pascal Huser
Moussa Sanoh
Branco van den Boomen
Peter Burke
Dylan Mc Glade
Shaun Coyne
Gary O Neill
Alan O Sullivan
Ryan Mc Connell
Kevin O Connor
Jeroen Lumu for Acolatse 53 mins,
Pascal Huser for Vloet 67 mins,
Branco van den Boomen for Trindade de Vilhena 77 mins,
Shaun Coyne -> Bradley Lewis (63)
Dylan Mc Glade -> Conor Wilkinson (65)
Gary O Neill -> Dylan Hayes (74)
Yellow cards
Joris Voest 33 mins,
Riechedly Bazoer 79 mins,
Bradley Lewis (42)
Dylan Hayes (71)
Gary O Neill (80)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
0 Shots 0
0 Shots on goal 0
0 Offsides 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Free kicks 0
0 Penalties 0
Match report
UEFA U-17 elite stage qualifier

Netherlands 2 Republic of Ireland 1

The Republic of Ireland Under-17s are out of contention to reach the European Championships after the Netherlands inflicted defeat on John Morlings side.

Defeat in their opening UEFA elite stage qualifier to Serbia on Thursday left Ireland needing three points on Saturday against the Dutch in Eindhoven to be in with a chance of topping the four-nation group and advancing to the Slovenia-hosted finals in May.

And, despite storming into an interval lead, the Irish conceded twice in a twelve-minute spell during the second half against the reigning European Champions.

Ireland had gone ahead on the half-hour through a Dylan Hayes penalty. The Derby County winger converted after Jack Grealish had been brought down inside the area.

Netherland began the second half with intent and it took just three minutes for Feyenoord star Tonny Trindade de Vilhena to equalise, as the midfielder cut in from the right to fire a shot beyond Eric Grimes.

Shortly afterwards, Grealish was close to restoring Irelands lead when his ferocious strike forced goalkeeper Nick Olij to tip over.

The pace of the Dutch attack meant they always carried a goalscoring threat, though, and on 55 minutes Tonny Trindade de Vilhena broke clear on goal to put them 2-1 ahead.

Ireland substitute Gary O Neill had the ball in the net late in but was penalised for handball in the build-up.

It was a brave comeback attempt but the mini-group hosts stayed solid to see out the game and set up a shoot-out for top spot on Tuesday against joint-leaders Serbia, who beat Albania 3-0 on Saturday. The Republic of Ireland will see out their campaign against Albania.

REP OF IRELAND: E. Grimes (Leeds United); S. Long (Cherry Orchard), K. McFadden (Norwich City), R. O Reilly (Stoke City), B. Lewis (Aston Villa); D. Hayes (Derby County), T. Mulroney (Crumlin United), J. Leddy (Ipswich Town); S. Byrne (Manchester United), C. Wilkinson (Millwall), J. Grealish (Aston Villa).

Subs: S. Coyne (Cherry Orchard) for Lewis (63), D. McGlade (Middlesbrough) for Wilkinson (65), G. O Neill (Wolves) for Hayes (74)

NETHERLANDS: Olij; Anderson, Bazoer, Ake, Hendrix; Acolatse, De Vilhena, Haye, Voest; Vloet, Marinus.

Subs: Lumu for Acolatse (53), Huser for Vloet (67), Van Den Boomen for De Vilhena (77).

REFEREE: D. Antamo (Finland).
Powered by tplSoccerStats © 2003 TPL Design